2012-2013 funding request form
For more information please contact
CSUN Student Involvement Director
How to become CSUN Funded
1. How do I become CSUN recognized?
After you have updated your organizations OrgSync profile and attended the mandatory Registration Session per OCED requirements, complete the online Recognition Request form. This form is found in the “Forms” section of your OrgSync Profile and it is recommended that the President pr the treasurer of the organization fill out the request. Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a message from the Services Director detailing the status of your application.
2. How often do I renew my organization’s CSUN recognition?
Your organization is required to renew recognition with each new school year.
3. How much funding can my organization receive per semester?
Each CSUN recognized organization may request funding for reimbursements up to $1,500 per year. Your organization may choose to use it all during once semester or spread it out between two semesters. An additional collaboration budget of $500 will be allotted with approval for CSUN recognized organizations working together.
4. How many times can my organization collaborate with another per semester?
Your organization may only receive one collaboration allotment per school year.
5. How do I request funding? What forms are needed?
- On OrgSync, under “Forms” choose the funding request you would like to apply for (CSUN Shopping Day Request or CSUN Funding Request).
- Complete the form online and submit it.
- Print and complete the CSUN Vendor Application and W-9. These forms are located under “Files.” We will need 2 copies of these forms.
- Make copies of your ORIGINAL receipts.
- Bring the completed Vendor App and W-9 and their copies, along with your ORIGINAL receipts and copies of your receipts to the CSUN offices on the third floor of the Student Union.
6. Where can I find a W-9 and Vendor Application?
These forms can be found online on OrgSync under “Files.” There are also forms available in the OCED office on the third floor of the Student Union.
7. How long does it take to get funding approval? How soon do we get reimbursed?
Funding approval is on a first come, first served basis and is NOT GUARANTEED. The Services Director first reviews the funding requests and ensures that the student organization has completed all steps to be eligible for funding. The next week, these funding requests go up for approval by the Services Board. The next week, Senate must approve these funding requests. The next week, Accounts Receivable must approve these funding requests and has THE LAST SAY in approvals. It is a long process within CSUN and UNLV, so if your organization needs funding early, submit for it early.
8. What items does CSUN reimburse?
CSUN will reimburse events, merchandise, food, publications, and travel.
CSUN will NOT reimburse dues, alcohol/tobacco/illegal contraband, contributions, gifts, payroll, hourly wages, leisure travel, or services that UNLV or CSUN could have provided.
Items that expedite reimbursement include use of our Graphic Design Team, Student Union Event Services, UNLV Copy Services (Reprographics), and UNLV Catering.
9. How long do I have to pick up my check?
You have two weeks after being notified that your check is ready to pick up the check. If the check is not picked up within this timeline, your funding privileges will be suspended for the remainder of the school year.
10. Do I need a bank account for the Student Organization to cash my check?
Yes, you will need a bank account for the Student Organization in order to cash the check since no checks will be issued to personal social security numbers.